Monday, September 19, 2022

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

On Thursday I WFH - and got away for lunch to visit Iona and Helen at Otari Wilton bush.  Yummy cheese sandwiches and the first time I have seen Helen in ages and ages. She was up for a wee walk and we poked around admiring some of the trees and shrubs. 

Hello Helen

Hokey pokey biscuits

Smudge!

Okay - you want some food then, Moxley?

Friday saw Mike in town for work and me at home. Mike dropped the Subaru off for a WoF - without the trailer as we have not finished the tail lights yet.  And I promptly forgot to collect it from the garage at the other end of the day.

Oops.

Saturday saw Mike up for Park Run in Lower Hutt and me on the treadmill at the City Fitness over the road. 

Then a quick brekkie with coffee with Sally before off to Epuni to get the first top coat onto the outside of the windows and the back door. 

Back to WLW for lunch. Yummy food from Sally. I was so full.  Zucchini and tomatoes and risotto.  Mmmm.

Mike headed off to Brewers Fest with Janine and I headed home to feed the cats. Mike got home later and we slept well.  


Run, Mike!

Striding to the finish

First top coat

Lovely colours for lunch

Reading spot

Up early Sunday morning to meet Maureen at the car park at the end of Woodmancote Rd in Khandallah for a walk up Mt Kau kau.  Great idea, courtesy of Maureen.

Sunday walk up Mt Kau kau

I see the harbour

Almost there

Views!

Then back down to Dunshea's deli at the bottom of the hill (next to Automat - which was not yet open). I had a delicious tofu scramble with bombay potatoes. Very nice - would recommend.

Dunshea's deli had great coffee and brekkie options

Back home to start more trailer work. But got distracted by a hunt for the hot glue gun. Then I headed to Bluebridge to meet Iona for a quick catch up as she waited in her ferry queue.

10 mins with Iona in her ferry queue

From there, I grabbed some groceries on my way home. And then chilled with Mike for a lot of the day. And the cats.

So close!

Monday morning is a little cold and wet. My hands are a bit frozen as I type here at my desk at home. Want to get to Spin after work today.

Mike collected the Subaru from the garage. All good. Need to re-fit the trim - especially on the seat belt post. Also - cam belt needs doing. Ouch. 

Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment