Thursday, September 22, 2022

The Wednesday with more family time

 Hi,

I had a half day at work then caught up for lunch with Sally, John and Benjamin. I had made some biscuits - my first attempt at these. They seemed to come out okay. Will try again.

I made Afghans. Or I think they are called chocolate walnut cookies now.


Andrew got back from his tramping trip and Sally brought him back to see John and Benjamin. We stayed for tea - Sally got burgers delivered.

Then home for me - fed the cats.  So late they are probably happy to see Mike this morning in the hope of a more normal routine. And maybe Smudge will want her spoon back. Yeah - don't ask! Okay - I hear you asking. Mike always leaves the spoon in Smudge's bowl. I have no clue why. She cannot use it! Mike mutters something about how they can lick it clean. I just bang it on the side to dislodge anything still on there - and take it back upstairs!

I had a better sleep last night than in recent days. Up to head to the airport to collect Mike and Polly. They were up at 3.50am to get the early flight out of Dunedin. Mike was down for just 24 hours but it was well worth doing he said.

Waiting for Mike at the airport

That is exactly my teddy

While I was waiting in the arrivals area, I saw an ad for the Wellington Museum. With a pic of the exact teddy bear I got when I was 1 years old. I have never seen a teddy like mine. Well, my teddy's right ear is half chewed from Jupiter. But - apart from that - they are exactly the same. Even down to the eyes that go in different directions.

Mike and his Mum arrived safe and sound and we're back at our house now. I am WFH today. Long weekend here due to the memorial day for the Queen. And funeral prep. Toby arrives Sunday.

Mike has been searching out photos of Vivienne while he was down in Dunedin and also found some of us. Here is me and my mother and Shona and Sharon with big hair! My mother is so young.

Mike has found old photos as he searches for memories

Anyway - it's a huge day for Mike's mother to be back up here so soon for such a terribly sad reason. Sending her lots of strength today. And to all the family.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment