Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Monday with Mike riding his bike to work and me with Spin

 Hi,

Turns out I took no pics yesterday. Wow. Anyway, I worked from home. Obvs there is a serious lack of iced latte photo ops when I work from home.

Note: I must do better

Busy day and then drove out to collect Barb from work before going to Spin. And I also forgot to take a photo of that.

Imagine me all hot and sweaty. There - done!

Drove back home and as I parked up on Mairangi (the garage is full of ski gear and whatnot) Mike rode home. Yes, he rode in and out for the first time in forever.

Tonight was all about football. Made tea. Then got comfortable and watched Nigeria go head to toe with England from the warmth of the bed.

Mike kept half an eye on the Nigeria v England game (literally - he kept one lens in for the distance and one out for his phone YouTube content). It was so good. Nigeria will be a top 10 team one day not very far away. They took on England - had some good chances (woodwork and goalie teamed up to deny the falcons). Went to extra time. Still nil all. Then penalties. And that was where the pressure really came on. England withstood it and Nigeria did not. That is experience for you.

Then the Australia v Denmark game started. Sam Kerr was on the bench. Denmark was all over the Aussies. But at 29 min, Foord scored a brilliant goal and it was all on. After halftime, I may have fallen asleep for a bit. Maybe 30 mins. Because next thing you know it was 2 nil and had 5 mins left to play!

Australia are through to the quarters. Go Aussies!

Up early for PT session with Quentin. Rode my bike in and missed the rain. It is cold again - I noted it was only a high of 7C in Dunedin today. Brrrr. PB in the squat rack this morning. 50kg 3 reps x 5 sets.

Back to work. Shower. And trash talking to the competitors we face today in the foosball competition. I have to trash talk because I have no actual game. Hahahah.

Oh look! I took some pics this morning.

This made me laugh - on the work foosball table

Never give Mike your phone for iced latte pics. But in other news, my hair looks great from the back.



Work iced latte - with replay of NIG v ENG on the TV

Pretty cold here today - not quite as cold as Dunedin though. Hoping I get a lot of sleep tonight. Hahah.

Have a great day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment