Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Tuesday with some football

 Hi,

Wednesday! Well, I was very excited for the second semi final in the FIFAWWC. Australia v England. Maureen was there in the stadium in Sydney for it. It must have been impressive.

Thursday work iced latte

Work was busy. We have an offsite Thurs and Fri this week and I had to get some stuff done for it. Including printing 20 copies of a sheet for one of our sessions.

Umm - I fat-fingered the 20 copies. Unbeknownst to me. And it might have done 200. Abbie had to wait a long time for her turn at printing. She gave up and went home.

This is why I do not print.

First printing at work - epic fail

Moxley eyes our dinner

Anyway, I rode home as it just started to get dark. And I did not think it was possible to get any wetter than I did on my way into work.

I was wrong. Soaked once more. And I swear I rode through actual streams of water across the road on numerous occasions. 

As I stepped in the door, Mike appeared with a bucket. And everything wet went in there. Including my bag, my jacket, my shoes and socks and all my clothes. I stepped into a warm shower and Mike threw my pyjamas into the bathroom.

He took our ski gear to Tom's place for the drive down to Wanaka. And I made tea for us.

After tea, I got ready for bed. But no sleeping for me. 10pm the Australians took on the English in the football in Sydney. And I stayed up for it. I had to curtail my shouts of excitement because Mike fell asleep in minutes. Woke briefly to see the 1- nil score just after halftime and never woke again.

Sam Kerr scored a blinder of a goal to level in the second half. But close to the end, England got a third goal. England had more players playing better for longer periods. That was the difference. Matildas were awesome. And now I want England to win.

I could not sleep so read from the end (just before midnight) for an hour. Up at 5.30 for PT with Quentin. 45kg incline bench. First time on that. Interesting.

Busy day at work. You might not get any posts for a while as we're off to Chc tomorrow.

Have a grand day!

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment