Thursday, August 31, 2023

The Wednesday with Mike back and a catch up with old friends

 Hi,

Mike got back - woot!

But before that - I did have my session with Quentin (40lg bench!). And then brekkie with Ed.

Bench with Q

Iced latte with Ed - ta Ed!

It was so good to catch up with Ed. He's doing well and June and the boys (Ben and Sam) are too. Yay! We'll try and catch up more often. Thank you for the iced latte, Ed.

Work iced latte courtesy of Adnan

Adnan got a replacement iced latte - without caramel shot

At work, Adnan got me an iced latte from the work cafe. But they misheard his "no caramel shot" and added caramel. It was too sweet. But he went and got me another one. He is just as sweet as caramel-shots0in-your-iced-latte.

After work I headed home on my bike to meet our New World grocery delivery as they said I needed to be there because I had wine in the order. But when I got home at 1655, the groceries were there. All of it.

Good.

Put that away.

Then went to get Mike from the airport. He landed at 1840 and I swept through the drop off zone at 1845 and he was there, waiting.

We went to the Fork n Brewer, while I ate a leftover lunch from his Auckland work meeting. And met a lot of people from our last work to remember Yosan. Chenda, Kate, Sreejith, Bronwyn, Louis and a whole bunch of others. Good to see people but such a shame it was for a stink reason. We just missed Khemry. We remembered Yosan and caught up with people's news. At times like this, when your own mortality is brought to mind, it is good to surround yourself with people that care about you.

Drove home and got ready for bed. Washing on. And slept well. Up at 5.30am for my ride into work. PT session with Quentin. 77.5kg deads and everything felt good!

Big day at work today. And it is Barb's last day at work. And that also makes me feel really sad. I have gained a friend there. But we will continue to connect, I am sure (despite me being so hopeless at it).

Remember - I think about you all, often. I am just hopeless.

Got to pack tonight. We're off to Chc tomorrow morning.

Have a great weekend, whatever you do.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment