Thursday, August 10, 2023

The Wednesday with the documentary movie night

 Hi,

Okay - I thought yesterday was cold. But that was a tropical day compared to the high of 7C with icy rain today.

Yesterday was nice though. Sunny and clear - but cold. I caught up with Preeti for a coffee at Smith the Grocer. Heard all her news - Vihaan and Pritesh are doing well. And she has got a promotion. So - yay! I hope they continue to #winatlife


Met up with Preeti!

Busy day at work. I know I say that vaguely almost every day. But Wednesday was a cracker. A major incident to manage - and Mike was involved. Hahah. But both of us were in the clear and just helping.

Phew! 

Also -- it got sorted.

After work we drove to Miramar and went to Fortunate Favours as we got there quite early. Enjoyed chips and a burger before Kara arrived. Then we went to the Roxy and she got a hot dog and mushroom balls. Which looked unusual in a combo. Hahahah.


Waiting for Exposure to start

Dodgy snacks for Kara

My feet and the Roxy curtain



The movie was a documentary called Exposure. The director, Holly, was there in the audience and did a Q&A afterwards too. This was about an expedition to the North Pole, on skis, with a bunch of women that applied to an ad for it.

VR experience at the start


1000 women applied - including Holly. They chose 10, excluding Holly. So she came on as the film director. They skied for 100kms over 10 days (they did it in 7 days in the end). It was such a lovely wee film. Connections, character arcs as they grew from the experience. And they got good weather.

They had a short VR experience you could try before the movie started. It was great fun to stick the goggles on and be on the sled with the team. Made the movie so much more visceral.

Work iced latte by the bucket

Back home and off to bed. Late night. Up at 5.30am to Mike's surprise - he was just up and didn't realise the time. He told me it was hosing down. So I switched to the bus instead of riding in. Good thing because it really is cold and wet.  A high of 7C. Did I mention that? Hahahah.

I even stayed longer on the bus so I could nip through buildings and walk along Lambton Quay to the gym.

Did 4 sets and 3 reps of 40kg on bench. Woot! Quentin says that means I can move up to 42.5 kg bench next time. OMG.

I did enjoy the hot shower at work after that. And got myself a bucket of iced latte. Kit, the barista, said there has not been a run on icy drinks this week. Well, no wonder. They are all too soft.

Have a great weekend. We're away on the ferry tomorrow. Off to Rainbow to ski. Hopefully all good after this cold snap dumps snow all over the motu.

Lots of love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment