Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Tuesday with some football

 Hi,

Well, work was work. And I rode home and got caught in the rain, to meet Mike in our garage. He was off to get the takeaways after Sarah, Hamish and Ryan had come to visit. So I popped down to the house in my slightly damp cycle gear and settled down to wait for tea and chat to them all.


Iced latte at work - Tuesday. I can tell it is Tuesday because of my jersey.

Caught up with their news. And by the time it was getting close to the football start time, Ryan had decided it was home time. 

So I watched the first half upstairs while Mike finished packing skis for our ski week (we are going to give them to Elly and Tom to drive down - helping our flight a lot by not having to bring them with us).

This was the first semi final - Spain v Sweden. And I was going for Sweden. 3 times semi finalists in recent world cups. And Spain - well... Yes, they can play. But I am certain they did not try in the loss to Japan in  their last pool game. So... anyone but Spain!

However, after a great game, Sweden were thwarted once more. 2 -1 to Spain. And now the main event. Australia v England tonight. 10pm. OMG! I cannot wait.

Wed morning iced latte - different top on

Mike reads article about dragon boating - that has used a pic with me in it!

Mike was up for his PT session and I got ready for my bike ride in. I checked the weather outside - fine but with black clouds far to the south. All good. But within 10 mins the southerly had come in and it was hosing down.

As I was already dressed and ready to go, I jumped on my bike and cycled through the rain to work. I was soaked within 200m of home. The sort of soaked that meant my shoes actually squelched when I walked from my desk to get changed. Hahah.

Busy times at work. And away Thurs/Fri at the Basin for an offsite with work. Then on 3.30pm flight Friday to Chc for our ski week! Woot!

Have a great day. I forgot to push publish on this. So - hope your day has gone well.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment