Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Tuesday of the slowest week and how can it only be Tuesday I am blogging

 Hi,

No cat content today - but you can see where cats have been! Hahahah. Yesterday was Toby's birthday and the plans Tessa had went out the door when a huge storm hit Chc around 10am. So she pivoted (good life skill) and they had an indoors day instead. He had a lot of fun. Arcades, Maccas and Rollickin.

I went to the gym at lunchtime with Myra and Billie for a cardio session. Tough work but someone has to do it. Thank you both!


Lunch cardio with Myra and Billie

Toby enjoys his fave birthday brekkie

At the end of a meeting I was in, just before 3pm, the storm that changed Toby's birthday plans slammed into Wellington. Lower Hutt really copped it. The New World there will be closed for a while to tidy up after fences came down and their main window smashed. The roof not far from my desk started leaking. It was impressive. Hail everywhere. 

Storm hits Wellington and the roof leaks next to my desk

Arcade hero

We walked to Mean Doses after work and had some tea and used out $75 bar tab. Remind me not to eat there again. Chelsea, Andrew and Kara arrived. But despite all that brainpower, we came 8th. Out of 11. It was sobering. There were no F1 questions or ballet questions.

But I have to say, Chelsea nailed the music round. We were all looking at her as she sang her way through that round - and she won us chocolates for singing Smash Mouth.

Mike and me waiting for Mean Doses quiz

Chelsea doodles - so cute!



The team

Late home. We bussed with Andrew's 83 bus until close to the Beehive. Then off to wait for a 14. Probably home just before 10pm. Straight into bed.

Up to see the cats have used the presents as a snuggling spot under the tree with Smudge-sized indentations.

I see dents in the presents where cats lie about

As Mike and I left I noticed the hail still sitting just by our rubbish bin. Brrrr. Must have had a lot land.

Next day we still have hail piled up

My tomato seedlings survived

I fully expected my seedlings to be smashed. But - no. Hopefully this resilience bodes well for their hardiness.

Weird bus selfie on Wednesday morning

Mid cardio this morning - readers... it got worse

On the bus for a cardio session with Quentin. So dead. Great fun. Well, from this distance it was fun. At the time, it was more like torture.

Right. Big day. Going out for tea with Celia and some friends. I need to pack. And see if I can figure out how to WFH tomorrow to save the cats and get ready to head to the airport in the evening.

Take care.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment