Thursday, December 21, 2023

The Wednesday with a Christmas shopping trip

 Hi,

No cat content. And no iced latte content. I know. I am failing my readers. That is what Christmas crazy week does to a person.

Ho, ho, ho

At Westgate

I rode home after work and enjoyed the fresh air. Got home, fed the cats, got changed and headed out to Lower Hutt for some shopping with Toby and Tessa. As we left the house, Simon and Amy were parking their new caravan in their driveway. So we got a tour. It is really, really nice. They have a section in the Wairarapa to leave it on. We picked Andrew up on the way to the Hutt. May as well maximise benefits from the journey. Dropped him at his place.

We parked outside the mall and walked into Farmers. Tessa had a plan. She told me and Toby. "We shop for a bit, then have tea. Then shop some more. Maybe another break later". We walked through Farmers and into the mall. Toby and I looked at each other as we surveyed the inside of the mall.  "Time for some tea?", said Toby. "Yes", I said. We scuttled Tessa's plans within 2 mins. Poor Tessa.

I had a falafel iskender meal. Toby had sushi and Tessa had a lovely crepe. Then - shopping. But it was all rather hard work. Got a few things. Had a break where we had 3 juices from Boost for $45! Ouch! Then to Countdown and home.

Mike was home when we got there. We were straight into bed. Up early for my ride in and the last day of 2023 in the gym. Did bench with Quentin. 32.5kg. Did 10 reps x 5 sets. 50 reps all up. Oohhhh. Feeling that now. Then accessories - shoulder press and bicep curls. Mike came in for his session - they are going to try for a PB in squats for him. Good luck, Mike!

And because I started the blog post early, it turns out I could finish it with pics of iced lattes from my post gym drinks! Woot! You are all so lucky. Like an early Christmas present. Bwhahahah.

Last gym day of 2023

Late running iced latte content

Grabbed an iced latte from the French Kiss cart on my way back to work. And timed it well with Andrew's walk to work from the station. So we had a chocolate and an iced latte. They do not go well together so both of us saved the choccy for later. 

And a selfie

With this person

They added the star back on top

I saw the council workers adding the star back to the top of the tree outside work. A strong gale gave it a lop-sided look a month back. Guess they found an engineer with some idea for strengthening it. Woot!

My last day at work today too. What a year. Had its ups and downs. But work-wise, mostly ok. Certainly ended well.

Christmas fun to come. Then NY and camping with Mike down south. Then the tramp with Catherine, Chris and Andrea - and some other punters. That will be epic. Travers Sabine circuit. It is going to be a long slog. But I do love that area of Aotearoa. Let's hope for some good weather.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone. 

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment