Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Wednesday with a very lovely dinner

 Hi,

What a day - Wednesday was busy and I had social things on too. It is that time of year. The week is still in some sort of time warp. It feels like it is just dribbling along.

Left work late (did get a goodbye in with Maureen before she leaves Thurs night to head to her Christmas holiday) and saw a bunch of people watching the harbour near the floating crane.

So, like any curious person, I took a closer look. Saw a bit of splashing as I approached and wondered if someone was swimming.

No! Better than a person was a wee pod of dolphins. About 4 or so of them. Popping up to the surface and chasing something because they would use their tail to slap the surface of the water. So I suspect there was a school of fish getting herded.

Dolphins last night on my way to Dragonfly

They are so close to shore - hunting something because they were banging their tail on the surface

I could not stay long though as I was meeting Celia, Dee and Jen at Dragonfly for a Christmas catch up. And it was such a lovely evening. Good company. Great to catch up on their news. They are all busy with various things and I always learn lots from them. Food was delicious too.

Dinner was so good. Thank you.

Mike came in to get me (and pick up my bike from work too). So we all said goodbye and Celia walked me to the car to say hello to Mike. Then we were off home.

Mike fiddled in the garage for a bit so I went into the house and saw the cats. Mike had fed them before he left the house to get me. But Moxley was trying it on like the boss cat she is.

Followed me into the pantry. Jumped up to the tray of cat food. And head rubbed against me as if to say: where is my food, you silly kitten but with useful opposable thumbs that can open cans.

Got home late and Moxley wanted food

Reaching back for a head rub

She did not get any extra food. I am tough that way.

Off to bed and I slept better than I have for ages. Up to drive in with Mike for my PT session. And it was PB time in the dead lifts.

I did 100kg. Which was a PB. And my left leg was a little sticky just at shin height. But it lifted fine. So we tried 105kg. And that was hard work - but still moved ok.

Me, staring at 100kg on the bar

Brekkie with James, Ed and Celia at Peckish Jr

Oh - is that my form?

The ritual ahead of the lift

Tried 110kg - and although I got it off the ground (okay - cms in it) I could not lift it. But Quentin reckons I should be able to do that one day soon.

Wow. Thank you Quentin. I was buzzing after that effort. What a good way to end the year for my deadlift work. This is the first year with next to no disruption to my gym routine. Previously it was covid or injuries. So - yay!

I am off to Blenheim this weekend to help with a quiz at Iona's work. And maybe some walking and beach activities.

Mike is going to park run. And pine for me.

Have an awesome weekend, everyone.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment