Monday, December 18, 2023

The weekend with a trip to Blenheim

 Hi,

Maybe I could just leave the pics in to tell the story of the weekend? Hahahah. Big weekend. Such fun. Mike took me to the airport on Thursday evening for my Sounds Air flight at 20:00 to Blenheim. It left early - 19:50 - and it was not full. I got a seat to myself.

Iona picked me up on the other side and whisked me home. Caught up with Col and Twigg and was not long out of bed.

Up to head to the gym. Decided to go to my CityFitness one as we get in for free with my membership. Did bench - 30kg 4 sets x 10 reps. Then accessories with Iona.

Gym Friday morning.

Santa pic for Toby

Ran around trying to get a few things for the quiz set up. And a few iced lattes too.

Iced latte

Quiz set up

We got into the hall around 13:00 to set up. Got all the tables out of the back room. Got the mic set up. Projector. All that good stuff. Then back home to get ready.

IYKYK

Santa's helper hat on - ready for the quiz

Back at the hall at 17:30 and people started arriving not long after. 12 tables in the hall behind the hospital. I was in charge of the Christmas music that kicked in after each round. There was a lot of Bruce Springsteen Christmas songs, let me just say.

In progress

And all tidied

It was very well run by Iona and Caro. Came down to a tie breaker. Two teams on 70 points (out of a possible 100). Tough gig.

We tidied up and then headed home - via Christmas lights. Awwwww.

Christmas lights tour on the way home

Voted for this one in Budge St

Iced latte
 
Up for a coffee with Malcolm and Marion at Mitre10. And then a beach walk to pick up rubbish. We got 3 big bags. I got a pot with a wonky handle. Col got the element from a kettle. We saw two dead sharks.

A big bit of driftwood

Dead shark

Dead shark

E trapline

Popped into the E trapline. I approached my gate nemesis with trepidation. But - IT WAS UNLOCKED! So I walked through. Hahahah.

No rats.

Some wasps. We ran away after Iona poked at their nest. I might have squealed.


Elysium fields

Amazing feet

Light tea

Garden produce

We went to the market on Sunday, I stocked up on fruit.

Apricots from the market

It's Christmas time

Whites Bay

We did the Black Jack Track walk up to the lookout. Very nice.

A barque in the bay

Weaving lessons with tikanga

Back home to learn some weaving and tikanga from Iona. I loved it. I want to try some at home now. Iona showed me how to harvest. How to prep. And I tackled a kono with her very close guidance.

Fiddly bit

I am on the ara

Almost done

Inside looks amazing

And done
While Iona and I did that, Col did the new insect screen on their bedroom window. So good! $23 for the kit. Magnetic frame. I hope it worked.

Then they dropped me at the airport. Lovely flight out. I spotted Nicola's house. The pilot said it would be a sporty landing at Wellington. That was cool to watch - I had a good view of him working the controls and the runway in the distance.

I see Nicola's house

Oh - hi Wellington

Moxley claims my bag

Hope to unpack. So good to see Mike. And the cats. Off to bed. And up to drive to the airport to pick up Toby and Tessa.

Then back to work.

Phew.

Busy.

Right. Time to get things sorted.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment