Tuesday, September 29, 2009

And good morning from me

Whew! I've been off balance all morning. From a chaotic departure from the house - Toby wandered off without his backpack and then I wandered off without keys to the garage where my bike was - to more running up and down stairs to get things out of my locker, to meeting clashes - I'm quite disoriented. Time for a cup of coffee.

Toby seems pretty happy at his holiday programme. He has a new girlfriend now called Xena. They spent yesterday running round playing http://playmoshi.com "live" in the playground. We bumped in to Xena this morning, she and he both got to the holiday programme at the same time. Xena looked normal, not like a Warrior Princess at all. And her mum called her Xena so that must be her real name!

My ride home yesterday was the first time my bike has moved in months. It's daylight savings now, so I've been telling myself that once daylight savings kicked in and I'd be riding home in the daylight, I had to start riding every day. And yesterday really was a perfect day to start. There was a diesel spill on one of the main roads out of town, and that meant the traffic was the worst I've ever seen it here. All of the feeder roads and the rat runs filled up and stopped too. When Angela said we were passing cars all the way home - that was riding up our hill, at 6 km/h!! No way we'd have picked up Toby on time yesterday if we'd have tried to take the bus. We'd have definitely been better off walking. So I rode in this morning and it's quite a nice day. I'll have to keep it up - and I'm leading a "medium" level daywalk in 10 days so I better get my fitness up! More running up and down the stairs at lunchtime too.

Toby is getting very excited about going to Sydney, and Karen it looks like you're making lots of plans. Woo hoo!!! It should be good. We need to get some or all of you over here once in a while, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment