Monday, September 7, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Sept7

Hi!

What a wonderful weekend. I heard that wee Abby had a great birthday party (all two of them - how did she swing that?) and that her mother survived the ordeal! Lucky for us, eh?

Our weather in Wellington was the best ever! I spent all day on Saturday in a t-shirt and Toby wore shorts. Bring it on! Shame my mother was sick and never saw any of it. Get better soon, Ma!

Friday night Toby and I went out to the soccer to watch the Phoenix play Adelaide. We had such fun. Toby read his new books for great parts of the second half (he bought them at the fund raiser at his school - Captain Underpants) so I got to watch quite a lot of the game.

When we got home, Mike was still trying out the wines at Fiona and Brendan's house. So we popped around and it meant Toby had a very late night.

Next morning we were up for swimming and after that Toby and I went to the tennis club open day. There were 140 children there! What a day! Very well organised too.

Saturday evening we headed around for a lovely dinner at Sally and Andrew's place and caught up with Vivienne and John too. My mother was too sick to attend and she was disappointed to miss out on the social occasion. Venison stew - I loved it! We did manage to leave our fridge groceries behind (bacon, milk and ice cream) but I solved that the next morning by buying more!

Sunday was just as gorgeous as Saturday's weather. I woke early and headed out to see Dad for Father's Day with the intention of driving him to work. However, it turns out that he has a late start on Sundays so I made him a coffee and gave him his card and present and went back home to help Toby cook up a breakfast for Mike.

I do have to try and change his present today though - he is busy at work on Tuesday Sept 15th with stocktake. So I'll plead my case and see if I can get the following night instead (tickets to an Aussie comedy show - I hope my parents like it!).

Mike got the newspaper to read and pancakes with banana, strawberries and crispy bacon on top. Toby sprinkled icing sugar on top to round it all off. I burned the pancakes and the smoke detectors around the house went off. I plonked the first one on the plate and Toby shouted through to his Dad - "Dad, your pancakes are burnt!". Then Toby sniffed the plate and shouted through to his Dad - "Dad, your pancakes smell awful!". But the maple syrup disguises all and Mike loved it - so he said. Toby carried the tray into Mike singing "Happy Fathers Day to you".

The rest of Sunday was spent tidying the house and stuff like that. We have almost finished decluttering the green room and put the overflow into crates and stored them in the MX-5 garage. We can lux great swathes of carpet/floor now and we just need one more weekend to get it all shipshape.

Mike's mother is working on the mess in our garden up front. Weeds have taken over and are growing luxuriously.

Mike is away this weekend so I think we'll buy some veges and plant out the vege patch. Toby wants some strawberries this year.

So, have a great week! I need a cup of tea - again!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment