Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Good morning on a lovely Wed, Sep 9

Hi,

Ok - who wants a review on District 9 by me? Mike and I went last night after Mike asked his mother to babysit Toby. I must admit, I was feeling quite sick during the movie and I was unsure if it was because I was watching the movie or because I really did feel sick. Watching someone chew their fingernails off can probably cause a little nausea.

But, despite my upset stomach, I did enjoy the movie in a weird sort of way. If you imagine Peter Jackson's Braindead movie and give it a gritty documentary style with a sci-fi setting, you'd have a good idea of what District 9 is like. I did have to close my eyes a bit, to fight back the waves of nausea. Watching someone puke black vomit over the guests at a party would not have been good. So I can only tell you what the sound effects were like in that scene!

Mike loved it I think!

Tonight is busy for us. Karate for Toby (after his tennis) and Mike has tramping club commitments and then he needs to pack for his long weekend away to Angelus climbing two peaks. The weather forecast is bad for the region for the weekend. Heavy rain and galeforce winds about the tops. And I think climbing two large peaks means "about the tops". I have been getting Mike to practise saying "I am not crossing that swollen river" and "I think it looks too windy about the tops to climb today". I want to see him back on Sunday. :-)

News on the Melbourne apartment front. We have an offer and we have signed to accept it. Now it depends on finance at their end. And settlement will be early December if it all goes well. Hence the increase in wondering about buying a crib somewhere in the lower North Island to get away from Wellington often. Our house here is not conducive to romping in the back yard so we need a crib where Toby can play outside all weekend. And I can plant fruit trees. But no chicken counting until the eggs hatch, eh? But I can still look...

Ok. Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment