Monday, September 21, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Sep 21

Hi,

What a great weekend. Friday night was great fun. We collected wee Toby from school, packed an overnight bag for him and picked up pizza and delivered him to Benjamin at the Lewis house. We then went out for dinner to The Quiet Lady - a pub in Karori. Very pleasant it was too. Apart from the white van in the car park that creased our door. Grrrrr.

We went back to the Lewises place for tea and Toby was already fast asleep.

Saturday morning was an early start. Mike was leading his first tramp for the tramping club - a day trip to Smiths Shelter from Kaitoke. He left early for the train station to drive some punters to Kaitoke. They had two cars heading up there. Mike had jellybeans for bribes. :-) Isn't he clever?

So, that left me at home with a logistic conundrum. I only had the wee Mazda, and it needed a Warrant of Fitness to legally drive around. So off I went - first in the queue when it opened at 8. Fortunately for my plans, it passed with flying colours. The alternative would have been the conundrum.

Then I drove up to Mum's place and rustled her out of bed and we had breakfast. Then Vivienne and John kindly dropped Toby off there so I went over to the Wadestown library and collected Mum and Dad's car so we could all drive around.

We decided against swimming today as it was very close to Toby's sick day on Thursday where he had an earache. He is also a wee bit snotty. So, instead we went to the Otari plant sale where I got a Chatham Island lily for Vivienne (they were flying out the door - they must be very popular - but they are 3 for $9 at The Warehouse if Vivienne wants to bulk plant them!) and a ground cover plant for me.

Then off to the movies from there to see Up. We also ate Khymer Satay beforehand - yummy! Up was a great movie - we all really enjoyed it. We saw it in 3D and my mother's yelps of surprise and pleasure at what she was were worth it completely. She was enraptured even more than Toby I think.

Back to Mum's place after that to relax once more. Turns out Mike was home already and he popped over and we had dinner there. We waited for ages for Dad, but in the end we saw him just as we left. We picked up the abandoned but entirely legal, Mazda from the library on the way home and had a good evening watching the rugby.

Sunday was great fun - we cleaned up as we were expecting guests for morning tea and then some for afternoon tea. But none of them eventuated. It's the best outcome for me - clean house, social invitations issued and no one to eat the beautiful cheese and fresh bread except the Gilberts. After lunch Toby and I picked up Mum and went shopping. Mum had no fun at all but we got a lot done. I got some vege seedlings and Toby got his toy.

After we dropped Mum off, we got home just as Vivienne and John arrived with Benjamin looking very fine after a piano recital. They collected their lily and I planted out the veges. I still need to get some strawberries - The Warehouse had none. Maybe this weekend. We now have some lettuces, broccoli and snow peas. I'll plant some carrots next weekend.

Mike and Toby cooked up a storm with leftover for tonight. Easy peasy. We need a quick meal after Keas tonight.

So, all done and dusted for another week. I do have a bit of Monday-itis as I had a one day week at work last week, in effect. So the prospect of 5 days at work is daunting.

I hope you all have a marvellous week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment