Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good morning on Wed, Sept 23

Hi,

Well, Mike and I took the bus home together last night to collect wee Toby and after Mike got a word in (I had to tell him all about the problems I encountered that day at work), he suggested we go out to a pub dinner with Toby. And what's more, he rang up the Sampson's and asked them if they all wanted to come with us and do the quiz at the same time. Phew!

After some confusion in the Sampson household regarding the "night at the cub", they all decided to come as well. So we ate a lovely meal at The Quiet Lady and the four adults plus Hannah got stuck into the quiz night as well.

The kids were very good considering they could only eat and not run around anywhere and had to be quiet so we could hear the questions. So, we were very proud of them.

Lesley was very concerned when one of our Joker rounds was TV and Cinema and we scored badly. Yikes! Who chose that one? Heheheheheh. But we made up with it with 10/10 for our other Joker round. Ooooossssshhh! That got us an immediate $10 voucher - and gave us 20 points for that round.

And when they called out third place - it wasn't us. Turns out we were tied for first place! And we won the tie breaker. So - we won! Hooray! We are the champions. We got a $75 voucher and got up and paid for a lot of our meal out. Bonus!

So I am quite chuffed sitting here. But when I see my problem is still not resolved, I have to quietly recall the winning feeling to get me through. :-)

Tonight is karate night so an early ride home for me. I think my parents will collect wee Toby and have him ready.

So, have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment