Friday, January 15, 2010

Good morning on Fri, Jan 15

Hi,

Well, Mike and I got up and showered and changed into our bike gear.  Mike had proclaimed it suitable riding conditions.  But as I munched my toast and stared out the window, Mt KauKau disappeared in a drizzly squall from the south.  So I suggested we change and take the bus.  Mike mentioned (often) how soft I was but he seemed quite happy to get changed if you ask my opinion.

Last night was fun.  I left work with Fran (colleague) and we met Vivienne and went to see The Lovely Bones.  I was a bit unsure about how depressing it might be, but I think Peter Jackson did a great job (not having read the book, I can't be definitive about that, but I suspect it was handled well in film) because it could have been heavy-handed on the violence and that would have been quite sickening.  The imagery was well done and probably a good interpretation of the book's descriptions.

After the movie, Fran went home and Vivienne and I went out for dinner to Monsoon Poon.  Mike joined us.  I have to say I didn't enjoy it quite as much as last time I was there.  The food was a little sweet for my liking (I did order a plum sauce dish so I only have myself to blame).

We dropped Vivienne off and I crashed into bed.  Mike, however, heard the call of the Internet and surfed for a few hours.  This morning I feel fine and Mike is a walking zombie (that is a Gilbertism).

Toby and Tyler are off to Skids today (I assume).  Shame about the weather as they have a field trip to an outdoor destination (Zealandia at Karori Wildlife Sanctuary - lucky things).  I wonder if it will go ahead.

We will collect the kids from Wadestown Skids after work and I'll drive to Ngaio to collect Ma and we'll go to Queensgate for shopping and dinner.  Mike will drive to Kaitoke for a tramp in the rain (a recce for anniversary weekend where he is leading a family trip there).  I rather suspect we won't be walking in the botanic gardens afterwards looking at glow-worms.

That's about it.  Looking for forward to seeing the kids this evening.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment