Friday, January 29, 2010

Good morning on Fri, Jan 29

Hi,

What another great morning in Wellington.  No sign of the sun yet as we're blanketed by fog yet again.  However, there is not a breath of wind.  Toby and I slept in bed with the two windows open, and the curtains never moved at all.  Well, apart from when the cat climbed in underneath them.  Oh, and when Mike got home he never had the keys so he came around to the window and said he could climb in to stop me getting out of bed to open the door.  But I said no to that slightly silly suggestion.  However, it may have made the curtains move a little as well.

I think we might be experiencing summer!  It is usually a little longer than a week but this year most people seem to be in agreement that a week might be all we get here.  My parents might have missed summer in Wellington by being in Sydney when we got the nice weather.  Heheheh.

Tonight I'm off to the movies with Sally, Vivienne and Vicki (friend of Sally and Andrew's) to see "It's Complicated" with Meryl Streep.  Should be entertaining enough.

Mike got home late after the AC/DC concert and although I'd love to make up some guff about how awful it was, I went back to sleep when he got home last night and haven't heard anything about it.  I got a muffled "It was good" this morning when I kissed them both goodbye.  That is the extent of my review on it thus far.  Apparently the Dom Post is full of it.  So the radio told me anyway.

The weekend approaches.  Mike is off tramping tomorrow.  I think we might try and get Toby a haircut and watch Carrie (work colleague) swim around the lighthouse in the harbour and then head off to Waikanae.  Unless my cold get worse, which it might.  Then I might just take it easy instead.  How I can have a cold in the middle of "summer" is beyond me!

Hopefully we get the television hooked up this weekend.  Toby is having withdrawals.  We went around to check on Ngaio last night (well, not the entire suburb, just Ma and Pa's house) and Toby saw the TV and his eyes lit up.  "Can I watch Cartoon Network?"  So he did.  And had a bath.  It was hot, remember?

Ok.  Time to get stuck in.
Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment