Monday, January 11, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Jan 11

Hi,

What a shock to the system.  I have been counting down the days to when I had to go back to work with dread.  And yet, now that I am here, it is all back to normal routine already.  How weird is that?

Our weather has gone manic.  Yesterday was extremely unusual with dark clouds, driving sheets of rain and lots of wind.  Completely wrong for this time of year.  I think the El Nino/La Nina patterns have been disrupted and science will slowly catch up with my theory.  Stay tuned for a breaking report from NIWA after they realise I am right.   Friends here have said they know loads of people that are contemplating moving to Auckland as the weather has gone mad.  But it'll settle back to normal eventually I am sure.  Roll on the stable Feb weather!

This is not going to be the summary of our great Christmas/New Year holiday as it would take too much time right now.  So I'll compose the massive missive at my leisure and  update you all later.

The kids are with Ma today as we botched up the holiday programme information and Dad didn't drop them off at an empty school.  Toby and Tyler probably wouldn't like that much.  We'll sort out the location and see if they can go on Wednesday instead.

Tonight Mike and I are off to see Avatar in 3D.  We can't wait.

I hope you all have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment