Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Jan 28

Hi,

Another great blat down this hill this morning - long may it continue!  The weather forecast is looking pretty good for the next few days.  Hooray!

Toby and I arrived home last night to find our groceries delivered on the doorstep.  It meant we could cook up some fresh food instead of defrosting ancient chicken from the freezer.  We had a yummy dinner of honey and soy chicken kebabs, with rice. 

The last book bought at Amazon for Toby's Christmas arrived (it was from a different seller, hence the delay compared to the other books) and Toby promptly read the whole thing.  When we went down to his bedroom to put him to bed, he only had three pages left to read.  I was astonished and flicked through the book asking him questions about things I saw.  He answered them all.  I might see if I can find similar books on Amazon again.

I feel very pleased and proud when I see Toby stuck in a book.  He's just like I was when I was little.  I can't get him to do a thing.  But, I'm secretly happy about that.  He told me the other evening that cycling was not his sport and that he thinks it is reading!  I said reading wasn't a sport.  So Toby said it was fishing.  Huh? 

Today is Wheels Day at Skids.  I'm hoping Toby will take his bicycle as well as his scooter.  I'd like him to practise a bit more.

Mike has the AC/DC concert on tonight and he seems to be looking forward to it.  Something else I don't understand.  A work colleague spoke to him and then told me she didn't know Mike was a closet AC/DC fan.  I said Mike's so far in that closet that we don't even own a single CD of AC/DCs.  So he's off to spend vast amounts of money seeing a bunch of rowdy has-beens.  Whatever!  I think I can think of one song of theirs.  I wonder how well Mike will do with the songlist.

Toby and I will pop over to Ngaio this evening to check on Ma and Pa's house.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  I'm hoping to find Toby's DS Lite charger over there!  Can't find it anywhere!  But I did find the cable remote last night which has been missing for three weeks.

That's about it.  I'm sure I have forgotten something I was going to mention.  Never mind.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment