Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good morning on Wed, Jan 27

Hi,

It is a lovely, if foggy, day here in Wellington.  There was no wind and my ride down the hill was superb.  Our view over the valley to where the Lewises live was beautiful.  By 7am it was clearing over the hilltops with blue skies, and the fog just snuggled into the crevices of the valleys.  However it is all tempered by the forecast of thundery showers this evening.  I might be quite wet when I collect wee Toby.  My Mummy, the drowned rat.  He's seen it before, many times.  I don't think many Mummys collect their kids by bicycle at Toby's school.  BMWs, yes.

Toby went to Staglands yesterday with Skids.  We had seen the sign for the place at the weekend and we thought it'd be good to visit.  I went there when I was about 8 years old while on holiday visiting my cousins with my grandmother.  It was very rustic then and I was wondering how it had changed with the times.  So, I tied our good point-and-click digital camera to Toby's backpack and cautioned him about being careful with it and asked him to take photos.  I should have spent less time cautioning him and more time telling him I wanted photos of Staglands.  When I collected him I asked how his photography went.  He said it ran out of batteries.  When we downloaded it, we could see lots of photos of Skids: the tables at Skids, the kids at Skids, their surprised parents (very stunned looking photos) and other random events in Toby's life that day: the inside of the car that took Toby to Staglands, a lamp-post, a car park, and finally about 5 photos of Staglands itself.  Despite me being none the wiser about Stanglands in the new millenium, it made me laugh quite a bit.

We went around to Toby's school after tea and Toby rode his bicycle for a bit.  If the thundery showers hold off, we'll do the same tonight too.  Toby has to be proficient by Easter at riding on a gravel trail.  I think we're whistling Dixie.  Or some expression that means we have little hope.  But we only have ourselves to blame.

I spoke to Ma yesterday, and wee Tyler.  Oh - I found some of Tyler's socks last night.  Pink ones with a frilly top.  I'll mail them back.  They all seemed in good spirits when we chatted.  We meant to ring last night but got distracted when we picked up the phone and it rang!  It was Kara - in the mood for a good long chat.  So, Toby went to bed and that was that.  Maybe tonight.

Grocery delivery tonight.  Good.  I can make dinner!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment