Friday, April 16, 2010

Good morning on Fri, Apr 16

Hi,

I was mystified this morning to hear some strange noise outside.  Turns out it was raining... hard!  So the weekend is starting in fine form - with rain and a drop in temperature.

Last night I went to Pompeii with Roz and really enjoyed it.  There is lots of reading - but also a lot of archaeological finds and a great 3D movie.  I spoke to Toby when I got home, and he really wants to see it.  So long as he doesn't see anything about volcanoes.  Hmmm.  Might be a bit difficult to achieve.

Toby sounds like he is having loads of fun down in Dunedin.  Nana has made a Pokemon soft toy for him, called Buttonmon.  He's a lucky wee boy!  And I get to see him tomorrow.  I can't wait!

I had table tennis for the first time last night and had a ball.  I am rusty but it was still lots of fun.  My new bat is disappointing though.  No - not because I can't land the ball on the table consistently (although that is a problem!).  Because I unwrapped it last night and found the rubber is puckered on the black side.  If they don;t swap it for me, at least I have an excuse for some wild shots this season.

Mike is off tramping this weekend to Ruapehu.  He's all packed and ready to wander down to the train station at 5pm today.  I hope the weather is ok for him.  He's not tramping on the mountain, so it should be ok.

And I have a Friday night to myself.  Hmmm.  I wonder if the Lewises would consider a Friday night takeaway special if they have nothing on, for a lonely Gilbert.  Heheheheh.

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment