Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good morning on Wed, Apr 28

Hi,

It came hosing down yesterday afternoon/evening and I got soaked riding home.  But it wasn't too bad - not cold or anything.  I did look like a drowned rat while I picked up Toby from school.  I kept my helmet on - who knows what my helmet hair looked like!!??

Cooked up dinner when we got home and Mike arrived quickly.  The 14 bus dropped him at the bottom of our street, and as he made his way to walk up in the pouring rain (with no jacket), a car pulled up and the man asked if he wanted a ride up the hill.  The man and the girl in front chatted to him like they knew him.  Mike wondered who on earth they were.  But he got home dry and safe.  Very funny!

Now, I remember something funny Toby said last night, but I'm blowed if I can remember the details.  If I type while my brain flows its dribble of consciousness into the blog, perhaps it'll come back to me.  Then again, maybe you'll just read more drivel than usual...

I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the moment and it isn't too bad.  I can see why it might have garnered a bit of attention.  It's heavy on the detail and I like that.  I wonder what the movie is like?

Aha!  I just remembered Toby's escapades.  Right.  So, at about 1.44am this morning, Toby comes into our room and says "Is it morning yet?".  Of course, we groggily say no.  So Toby asks if he can sleep in our bed.  So I tell him to do a wee first.  So off he trots.  Then I ask Mike if it's ok for Toby to sleep with us.  He agrees, so when Toby returns from the bathroom I say he can sleep with us.  Then Toby says "Good.  I thought it was morning when I woke up and I went straight into the TV room and watched television."  "Wow", I said.  "Did you watch TV for a long time."  "No", says Toby.  "How could you tell it wasn't morning?  Where the shows different?" I asked.  "No", says Toby.  "There was Chowder, and Flapjack and Naruto..."  "What!?", say his parents.  "How long did you watch television?".

Needless to say, Toby slept in this morning.  But I had Toby drop off duty and it was fine.  We had a good morning - although short.

Karate tonight - Mike will head off for that.  I wonder if Ma and Dad will come over for it...

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment