Monday, April 19, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Apr 19

Hi,

It's Vince's birthday today - happy birthday Vince.  And a reminder that it is nearly Michael's birthday too.  How exciting in Shona's household in April, eh?  I hope everyone has a great time.

We all had a great weekend.  I had Friday night to myself, enjoying a dinner of toast.  I read and fell asleep very early.  Mike was off to Ruapehu to lead a tramp up there.

Toby flew back into Wellington (first time unaccompanied) on the 10.20am flight from Dunedin.  I left it quite tight for time and got to the luggage place at 10.10am only to read that the plane had landed at 10.10.  I rished off to the gate and it was empty when I got there.  Slight panic.  But the ground crew were keeping the unaccompanied children back to let off together at the end.  So I had just lined myself up with the view down the sky bridge when Toby walked up and saw me.  He ran to me and I got lots of kisses.  So I set about the important task of spoiling him rotten for the rest of the weekend.

We drove home and dropped off Toby's bags and bike.  Then we collected Brennan and took him off to see Train Your Own Dragon (in 3D).  After some quick lunch at Maccas we watched the movie and I had an absolute ball.  What a great movie.  Loved it.  Toby had seen it in Dunedin with Granddad, but I wanted to see it, and we had the 3D option here.  Brennan came back home to play for a while before we took him home (and I had a cup of tea).

Toby and I then bought some stuff for dinner (Toby got chicken schnitzels) and we had a lovely evening eating and watched a movie.

Sunday morning I cooked pancakes for Toby (he had them on the camping trip and loved them!) then we went for lunch to the Bichans and caught up with everyone there.  Toby loved playing with Anthony and it was hard to coax him back into the car. 

Then we drove to Waikanae to see the Tabors for some afternoon tea that turned into a superb dinner of hamburgers on the BBQ.  Yum!

Mike was home when we got home at 8.15pm and we caught up with the news from his weekend and then all fell asleep into a coma.  Phew!

At work now and on a new level (14) with new views (a blank wall) and with slightly different people around.  Should be here for 6 months or so on this new project.  How exciting!

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment