Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Apr 1

Hi,

Mike is off driving down the South Island as I type with Wally in convoy.  He rang this morning from Blenheim's Maccas all safe and sound on the other side.  Toby and I will see him around 8.30pm tonight after our flight to Chrsitchurch.

Toby and I had a good morning getting ready.  I caught the bus in on time (my bike is in the South Island, remember) and saw my boss, Andy, running for the bus a few stops later.  He managed to get on.  Lucky, eh?  He's feeding the cat (and the fish) in our absence as we have relied on Vivienne too often for the cat sitting.  We did it for him over Christmas (and even then we had to ask Vivienne to step in while we were gone - she was feeding our cat and his cats!!) so Andy is returning the favour.

All our goods are in the car with Mike.  I am waiting for a bike rack that was supposed to arrive yesterday - but didn't.  So Mike has all the bikes inside the car.  Mine, Mum's, Toby's tag along, and his bike on the back.  Lucky there was enough room for all our stuff!

I just spoke to our mail chap and he said the bike rack has arrived.  So I will be checking it in tonight on the plane hoping it is not too heavy.  At least it'll be easier with all the bikes on the back!

So, this is the last blog for a week while we head south for our fun - in the sun!  Yes - the weather forecast is sunny every day next week down there!  Can you believe that?  Woo hoo!  Wee Toby is staying down there an extra week with Mike's parents for some grandparent bonding.  He enjoys that time - I think the undivided attention of grandparents lets him bask in the spotlight.  Unlike his busy parents.  My parents also do quite well with him when they look after him! 

Speaking of which - Dad cooked me and Toby a glorious meal last night.  Toby's favourite (chicken schnitzel strips) and it was yummy!  Ta Dad!

So, have a wonderful time during the school holidays - whatever you get up to.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment