Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Aug 5

Hi,

What a weird Wednesday.  Mike got a migraine at work and only stayed till mid-afternoon when he went home to bed.  But he felt ok after taking migraine-strength Neurophen and collected Toby for karate.  Yes - tennis was cancelled.  The rain has been more like a deluge.  This morning was the first ride where I didn't get soaked for the last two days.  Yesterday I got wet coming in (my desk has struts underneath it and my biking gear was strung out over it drying - it did quite well), and soaked going home. 

I stayed working late and walked to the tramping club meeting in Mt Vic.  It was a talk and slide show on Everest.  This chap in the club climbed it - and made it.  The photos were spectacular.

Then I hopped on my bike and rode through the cold rain, over unfamiliar streets, back home.  I was glad to hop in the shower when I got in.

Unfortunately, my necklace broke when I was in the shower.  Luckily I noticed it edging towards the plug and saved it from oblivion.  I never knew how much I touched it during the day, but I reach up to play with it often.  And it's not there!  I'll be out of sorts all day.

Tonight is table tennis night but I am going to miss it.  Toby's school has a fundraising event on at a very good children's bookshop in Kilbirnie.  We can buy books and 10% goes towards the school library fund.  And we can buy to donate too.  So I think we might do just that!  Someone want to come with me and drink the wine they said they'll provide?  :-)  I'll ride home, cook tea and drive over.  The owner will speak as well, and apparently he is good at what he does.

Roll on Friday!  Hooray!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment