Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good morning on Tues, Aug 17

Hi,

What a Monday night!  I had to cancel our squash game just so I could fit in all the other activities we had on.  Keas went well - Mike excelled himself making sculpture dough and keeping 13 children in line.  Then off home to cook and Mike left for the Wadestown Residents AGM.  As he left I yelled out "Don;t join the committee."

What was the first thing he said as he stepped back in the door at 9pm?  "I'm on the committee."  Heheheh.

Mike now knows more than he thought possible about the trials and tribulations facing Wadestown residents.

After a chat about the meeting, I got ready to collect Ma and Dad from the airport.  After timing it to perfection and arriving at arrivals at 12:05 (their estimated arrival time - giving me loads of time to relax while customs processed them all), I saw the actual arrival time said 2320.  Yikes!  I looked wildly around to see if I could see them waiting for me somewhere.  Nope.  Phew.  1 minute later they walked through the doors.  What timing!

They were tired after their marathon day but happy to be home.  We picked up some fresh milk and they stumbled into their lovely house at about 12.40am.  Not too bad.

I went home and was fast asleep by 1am.  Unlike Mike who was getting distracted by a Jack Reacher book.

Slightly damp ride in this morning, with a strong northerly to push me even faster.  Not too bad at all though.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment