Thursday, September 23, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Sep 23

Hi,

What an absolutely gorgeous looking day out there.  The wind is still a bit on the cool side, and a little brisk, but it looks fabulous.  I took the bus in this morning because we went out last night.  Vivienne had invited us for another quiz.  This one was at the Speights Bar in Tinakori Road. 

Vivienne dropped Benjamin off to babysit Toby and then drove in with Mike.  I walked there straight from work.  Then it was down to the business of the quiz.  Our first round was quite bad - at least for me.  It was sports and I'm not sure I could have answered any of them.  But we got 6/10.  So pretty good!  We were running close to the middle of the pack (maybe 15 teams I guess) with one round to go.  Pot Luck was the round and we were playing our joker (you get to double your points).  Fortunately we aced the round and got 10/10.  Woo hoo!  Miraculously we flew into second place.  Lost by one point!  And there was a tie for third place one point behind us!

I am concerned though as a pattern is starting to emerge of the weird television stars from the 70s that only I can answer.  Larry Wilcox from Chips in the quiz a few weeks back, and Patrick Duffy from The Man from Atlantis last night.  Oh dear.

Tonight is a great night.  Toby has a play date after school with dinner included!  Lucky boy.  His best friend Jack has moved to a posh school - Scots College.  Toby is a bit devastated.  However, he's off to play and have dinner.  Hopefully he can do that regularly.

We have to pick up car seats for Tyler and Abby to use for school holidays.  And we see them tonight (if they get on the flight!).  I'll go to table tennis (I think I'm well enough) and then head off to the airport at midnight.  Yawn.  They'll recognise their Aunty Ange because I'll be the one in my pyjamas!  Heheheh.

And our groceries arrive tonight too.  Hooray!  Food to eat.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment