Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday morning

... I should have stayed in bed.

Well, my bed did have a magnetic pull this morning, for both me and Toby.  We both overslept.  But we eventually got off to school, having used up most of our contingency time.

Then, it took me FORTY-FIVE MINUTES to drive to work.  I have to drive along about 100m of motorway - and the on-ramp and off-ramp I have to use were broken, broken, broken.  I was queueing on the suburban streets before the on-ramp, and at one point I was parked with my engine off for about 10 mins.

No idea why, although there were police and fire engines milling about at the end of the off-ramp when I finally got there.  Maybe they had it blocked off or something.

Finally, the carpark I park in was full, and their system is to let you drive up and down the ramps searching for a park before they tell you.  So that took a lot of time as well.  They squeezed me into a random "reserved" park in the end.

Whew!  And it looks as if this week will be a busy one both at work and at home.  And I'm still trying to cover off things I should have done last weekend.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment