Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekend with tulips, AFL Grand Final, Kittos and no sleep

Hi,

Mike tells me I can call my daily blog something that summarises what I say.  Most times I have no idea what I say, so I'll complete the title at the end, when I've said something...

The weekend was great fun.  I had Friday off because Karen arrived for a two day visit to drop Tyler and Abby off for some school holiday fun with Toby.  It was great.  I took them to the south coast of Wellington, sheltered from the strong northerly.  They loved the cafe and rockpools - I went to The Bach Cafe with them.  When I spotted a big starfish in a rockpool, Tyler and Abby were so pleased.

We hurtled to get Toby from school and he had a ball playing with his cousins.

Friday evening I collected Mike and Josh from work and we drove to Waikanae to visit the Tabors.  Jackie was over and we ate a great meal and chatted away.  Eventually it got so late we had to leave.  The kids slept in the lounge at our house and got a reasonable sleep in.

Saturday was AFL Grand Final Day.  I decided to take Mum to see the tulips in the Botanic Gardens - finally!  The day was lovely - sunny.  The kids played in the park as well.  Very pleasant.  Then home for the AFL match.  Go the Saints.  Mike took Karen to the pub in town to watch it.  I watched it at home - shouting at the television in the fourth quarter when St Kilda finally started playing.  When they got their nose in front I leapt off my seat.  Apparently Dad, Mike and Karen were leaping at the pub too.  Turned out it was a draw!  Can you believe that?  Bother it!  Same time next week for a repeat.

Sunday I got up early (was supposed to be 3.30am, but I changed my cellphone clock forward an hour and set the alarm for 3.30.  But my phone is too smart and switched to daylight savings time at 2am, making my clock now 3am.  So at the real 2.30am, my alarm went off saying it was 3.30am) and dropped Karen off at the airport.  I was still in my pyjamas, but with jeans and a jersey on top.  Glad I never broke down or anything.

Sunday morning (too early) we took the kids and Chelsea to Junglerama.  They loved it.  Then off to Maccas for lunch and Te Papa to see the Dunny exhibition.  Toby was so happy looking at them all.  He has quite a few of them and was chuffed to spot some on display.  The colossal squid was a huge hit - as was the fake cave system outside.

Home for more visitors - Karen W came around with the kids and my Tupperware order and there were 7 kids running around.  Great fun!  Tea time and then we dropped the kids off at Mum and Dad's place for the week. 

Have a marvellous week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment