Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yesterday - yummy dinner at Vivienne's. Today - Karate and tramping food

Angela must be really busy because she's not posted today.  Let me fill you in on the details.

Last night Vivienne invited us around for dinner and as usual she put on a superb meal.  Spinach soup (which looked very green, but Toby tucked into with gusto nonetheless and judged it as 'yummy, even more yummy with the sour cream mixed in'); ginger soy chicken kebabs, roasted seasoned potato wedges, yummy baked pumpkin thing and salad with beansprouts and coriander; and caramel butterscotch meringue thing for dessert.  Mmmm-mm!

Vivienne and John have launched into demolition of their chimney.  There's now a big pile of bricks outside their front door, with definite plans about adding to the pile.  This the start of big things.  Watch this space!

Today is Karate, but like the rest of this week - not the normal routine.  My mum will be there, and since Angela came in early, hopefully she can leave early and come too.  I'm going to inflict the weekend's tramping food on everyone.  It’ll be Beef Stroganoff with Deconstructed Trifle for dessert, and it should be yummy.  I need to make sure the serving sizes are right, that my sample 8-year-old kindof likes it, and that I can actually cook it easily (so that when I’m trying to do it in a hut with two billies and a small gas cooker, it doesn’t all go wrong).  To make it authentic, though, I'm planning on using pots that haven't been washed properly, and getting water from the stream out the back...

My mum is off tomorrow, and I need to start ramping up for the tramping trip to Paua Hut this weekend.  So it's still going to be full on all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment