Monday, January 15, 2018

The weekend back in Wellington

Hi,

I think New Zealand might have moved a little closer to Australia after a hot weekend like that one.  Not a lot of difference between the temperatures if you ask me.  Sunday was a scorcher.  And no wind!



Saturday BBQ

Saturday saw us popping out to get some kitty litter for Smudge.  And a new dirt box.  One with a lip around it.  She really likes digging around in that kitty litter.  I've seen her standing outside the box and just sticking a paw in and flicking the stones around like it was a game - like tiddlywinks.  I wonder what she thinks of the new box.

We had a BBQ Saturday evening and watched a movie.  24 hour party people.  Ummm.  Ok.  It was probably better than I thought it would be. 

Sunday was a little bit of a repeat.  But with Yum Cha thrown in with Doro at Dragons.  Turns out vegetarian options are limited at Yum Cha.  But eventually I got some dumplings and something the servers called "black fungus".  And it looked like someone had scraped off some fungus from a tree out the back in the bush and covered it with coriander and garlic.  If I didn't think about it too much, and I called it "mushrooms" in my head, I could eat the wobbly, slimy black things.

I got a migraine at Yum Cha - first one in forever.

Toby had his supply of pork buns and sticky rice.  Toby was unimpressed with my  German.  As we approached Dragons, someone was poking at the parking meter.  So I said "It's free for two hours".  She looked at me and asked me what I said - in German.  So I said it again, and she looked blankly.  Then I dragged out some German.  "Zwei..." and my brain couldn't find the words.  So she said "Zwei stunden frei?".  And I said "Ja". 

Toby thinks I am hopeless now.

After Yum Cha, we went to JB Hi Fi to buy some games and Toby left us to meet his mates at Te Papa.  We ate an ice cream on the waterfront with Doro and then headed out to see Sally.  Turns out Andrew was home already!  And he got some lovely macrocarpa seats for their outside table for Christmas.  Well done, Sally.

Back home to chill and get ready for work.

Another lovely day here.  How marvellous is that?  Mike is back at work and probably feeling that shock.

Have a great week!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment