Monday, January 29, 2018

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

We had a lovely weekend.  Mike had his tramp cancel (only him and Momo had decided to go - and Momo was only going to keep Mike company) so we had unexpected Mike for the weekend.  The world needs more unexpected Mike.

My photos are all out of sync.  Best seen from the bottom up for chronological order.  Never mind.  I will try to drag them around so it makes more sense.



Can you see my arm?  That's me, bottom left.  You can't see my face, just my navy blue cap and awesome grip

I have added a photo from Celia of our dragon boat training session on Thursday evening.  I was in the front of the boat, so you can only see my navy blue cap and my arm.  Jo is across from me, and Rex is just behind her.  Fun, fun, fun!


Hello Carl!  So happy to see you

Iced latte at Machete

I also got to see Carl on Friday.  He was over for work.  Good to catch up - such a lovely man.  Melbourne is treating him and Hazel well, by all accounts.  What's not to like about Melbourne?  Mike and Toby fell back in love with the place when we were there for Michelle's wedding.

We had social club burgers Friday after work.  At Caroline's.  And it was such fun.  Good simple tasty burgers.  Mike came along too - but he headed off to join his mates for something while we went to karaoke.  We might have sung until midnight.  Maybe.  Hahahah.

Saturday I got up early and walked into town.  Went to the spa for an appointment and then Mike collected me and we went to Queensgate to sort out a key for the Corolla.  Andrew had lent us the car and Mike broke their ignition key (it had a crack - he just snapped it completely).  But it was a good excuse to see Sally and take her for haloumi rolls at Zany Zeus.  Mmmmm.

Zany Zeus for afrogato


As it got dark we headed back into town.  We went to St John's Bar for the outdoor movie.  They played Hunt for the Wilder People.  It was the first time Mike had seen it.  Christine turned up - bonus!   The evening was stunning.

Stunning night in Wellington

Fountain near the lagoon

Just looking good


Sunday I got up early and walked into the gym for Spin.  Ran for 3km (yes, I could do better) and then met Mike and Toby for a weights session.  That was followed by an iced latte at Machete.


Iced latte at Machete on Sunday

 Best one ever!

We tried to get a gym sorted for Toby and Mike - but it was like pulling teeth.  I think they should visit City Fitness now.  That is probably what they need.

Mike went to a drag show in the evening - but Toby and I decided against that.  Hahah.  I was basically comatose when Mike got home, but I think he said Toby and I made the right decision.  Ok.

The day is beautiful here.  A high of 27C forecast.  Lovely.  Enjoy your week, wherever you are.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment