Friday, February 15, 2019

The Thursday with dragon boat training

Hi,

What a weird day - had brekkie with Fran, as I mentioned yesterday.  Great to catch up - and excellent iced coffee at Arabica - Mmmmmmm.


It was yum!



Brekkie!

Went to a meeting at the far end of town and it was two hours by the time I got back to work for my normal day.  Which, really, wasn't terribly normal.

I was so busy, it was 5pm before I knew it and I had to rush to get myself changed for dragon boating.  It was so choppy.  We took on a lot of water and it was hard work.  But such fun.  Lovely weather still.  Just windy.

Surprise of my night was Mike there to collect me in the car.  So nice.  I happily crawled into the car and sat on a blanket to keep the seat dry and Mike took me home.

I cooked tea for the boys - apparently they were my best ever chicken schnitzels.  As I was only cooking them at 8pm,, I was hurrying.  Maybe I always need to just throw them together to get perfection.

I fell asleep well before Mike came to bed.  He had strewn stuff all over the bed (declutter Man strikes again) so I asked what was on the bed.  he said to just leave it.  So basically, I made a space for my body and climbed in.

I woke up when he came to bed, and heard him laughing at the body outline I was sleeping within.  It was so hot that we opened our bedroom window and the curtains - and it made no difference.  We then heard Smudge miaowing like mad and realised she was still out on the deck with the doors closed.    So Mike got up, let her in, and decided to turn on the air con to try and cool the place down.

Must have worked.  We both slept until morning after that.

I woke Toby this morning at 6am as I was dealing with a wasp that had flown in and had Moxley excited.  She was on the hunt.  I was leaping around, schooshing fly spray at it and shouting out "No!" to Moxley when she decided the wasp's death throes were very interesting.

Mike stayed in bed through this.  Toby was so concerned he even climbed the stairs to check out the chaos in the kitchen.

I stomped on the wasp, told Moxley to leave it alone, then ate my fly-spray tainted Weetbix.

Yeah - crazy.  And guess what?  It is raining now.  Friday morning.  Slight rain.  Wet roads.  At least the garden will be happy to get some rain.

It's my birthday weekend coming up!  Woot!  I intend to get brekkie in bed on Sunday.  Heck - I may even ask for that on Saturday too.

Hahahahah.

Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment