Monday, February 18, 2019

The weekend with my birthday

Hi,

Iced latte with Andrew
Celia is so lovely, she gave me an amazing present for my birthday.  Dinner and a movie with her.  Perfect! 
Celia!  

Vanessa also sent cupcakes - nom, nom!
Vanessa!

Evidence of this is in pics below. 

Vanessa is now in Melbourne working in our parent company. So I hope to keep in touch with her.

Eating a cupcake
What a great weekend!  Headed home after work and enjoyed a Friday night with the boys.  Saturday saw quite a fair bit of activity.  Mike is on a declutter mission (still) and he hasn't even seen that programme on TV that everyone is talking about.  I can only imagine what would happen if he saw that.

Mike and I went to rock climbing with his PT and his clients at Fergs.  Such fun!  10am saw us just getting into Fergs.  Ok - 10.02am.  But given the queue was long, it was perfect timing.  We had a belay lesson then we were off.  I used the boots I got from a colleague in Auckland (his daughter's offcasts).  They are small- and hurt after a while.  But that is rock climbing boots for you.

Climbing with Mike
Our washing machine and dryer have gone.  And the treadmill too - after a Herculean effort by all of us (ok - I just did a lot of "it won't fit through that gap" talk) to get it out of the spare room and up to the garage.

Mike and Toby took it away at midday to deliver it to the new owners.  And they had complicated things to take care of - which I had no clue was actually for my birthday.  Hahahah.


 I went over to Amy and Simon's place for a neighbourly BBQ.  Met Yazu and Rachel from 26 (with their 4 boys!).  Fiona and Brendon were there.  Met Flo and Ben too. 

 Mike and Toby got back while I was over there and Toby made a short appearance.  Mike joined me after he sorted the car out (ok - it was my present and I had no clue).

Back home around 6pm and relaxed in front of a Jane Goodall documentary.  I fell asleep and missed the polio epidemic that decimated the chimp family at Gombe.

Birthday morning


 Up Sunday for my birthday to a splitting headache.  So weird.  Took two Neurophen and jumped in the shower.  When I came out, feeling ok, Mike got a migraine.  I hope it wasn't my off-key singing that did it!

He took medicine and Toby decided to stay home and Mike and I hurtled into town to try and get to The Larder for our 9.30am brunch date with Sally and Andrew.  Except - it was Round the Bays and the traffic was crazy.  From the Mt Vic tunnel it crawled through Kilbirnie (Cobham Drive was blocked off at the tunnel end and one lane from the roundabout).

So many awesome runners out there.  They got 13,000 competitors.  How cool is that?


Birthday iced latte

Iced latte goodness


Anyway, The Larder is superb.  I had poached eggs with mushrooms on the side. And an iced latte.  It was all good.  Everyone else's looked great too.  Even Mike's muesli (he wasn't up for much - two orange juices helped him lots).
Large thistle


We chatted away and eventually headed our separate ways home.  Via Island Bay to avoid the traffic.


Cicada debris from the cats
 At home I got my presents.  A subtle Bruce Springsteen t-shirt.  It just says:  Show a little faith, there's magic in the night.

A Dyson stick - and it sucked up cicada bodies really well.

T-shirt and lux!

Outdoor furniture for the deck - woot!  (That caused a lot of hassles for the boys on Saturday).  I can't wait to see that out there.

And Alexa!  I got Alexa!  She's in the kitchen and I have already used it to hear the Morning Report this morning as I ate my Weetbix.

Alexa - can you play Bruce Springsteen?

I am a happy woman.  What a great weekend.

Time to tackle the day.

Hope your week is a good one.  We are flying out early Friday to Sydney to celebrate Scott's milestone birthday.  Flying back late Monday. So - short week!!!

Enjoy the day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment