Monday, February 4, 2019

The weekend in Waikawa beach and with a party

Hi,


What a fantastic weekend.  We met Sally and Andrew after work and headed to the Hutt.  Seashore Caberet for dinner.  I had some pea and zucchini fritters and they were good.  Went to grab the trailer from Mike's mother's place and back for a cup of tea at Sally and Andrew's.  And... Man's not hot.

The highs and the depths of the lows.  :-p

Back home and packing in the morning because...  too tired now.

Iced latte Friday morning

Toby has organised his room!

Next morning I did go into Toby's room and was pleasantly surprised to see some organisation has happened in there.  Good on him.

We eventually got packed up - I went to pick up Toby from Tessa's house (he and his mates had a sleepover) and by the time we got back, had lunch, it was time to head away.  Might have been a late start.  Probably 1.30pm by the time we left Wellington.

Camping for the weekend


But what fun - we pitched the tent at Waikawa and I eventually headed to the beach with Toby on the back of the DRZ.  He was quite nervous - gripping me tightly.  We wandered aimlessly around the streets trying to find the entrance to the beach.  Found it finally.  Eyeballed the steep sandy rutted entrance and decided to push the bike down.  Which we managed.  Then we hooned around, two-up.  I headed for the firm sand and got squirrely on some dry stuff but we powered through.

Toby wasn't interested in riding, so he stayed behind me and we blatted around before heading back.  The dry stuff made me slightly nervous and I stupidly slowed down for it.  And... we fell off.  After Toby hauled the bike off my twisted foot, we got back on and pushed it up the entrance way.

I think the handlebars jabbed me in the thigh - I have a terrific bruise and it is quite sore to touch.

Got back to the tent, threw off my bike gear and jumped in the car and I drove back to Lower Hutt for Sreejeth and Anjali's party.  Such a good time there!  Chatting, eating.  And cake!  Nom, nom.

By the time I left at 9.45pm it was an easy drive back.  11pm I pulled up at the tent. Mike had finished all the mowing with Toby contributing while he used the weedeater.  It looked amazing.

Up late the next morning and we all went to the beach.  Mike rode around while Toby and I walked down.  Mike missed us and spent some time way further down the beach.  I went for a swim of sorts.  Warm water.  But I didn't get all wet because I had left all the towels behind at the tent and the idea of standing around for ages with wet togs and hair didn't seem sensible.  There were also submerged bits of wood in the sea getting stirred up by the waves.  I didn't fancy donking any of them.

The water there is also really shallow - as it was, I was ages away from Toby and only up to my thigh.


Riding on the beach

Me swimming - sure there is a dot there!

Waiting for Mike to come back


Toby got the hang of taking off with some herbs and stopping again - more practise needed this weekend coming.  The beach is a good spot for it.

The tent when I got back at 11pm

Sunday was glorious

Iced coffee and bruise

My Buddha bowl attempt - yum!
We left around 4pm and were emptying the car and cleaning the gear at a reasonable time.  I cooked tea and we all ate.  Finished some laundry.

Magnificent weekend!  More please!

Hope this week is fun - we have Wednesday off for Waitangi Day.  Yay!

Hope yours is a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment