Friday, February 8, 2019

the Thursday with Hiakai degustation

Hi,

After work, I waited outside Andrew's work with Mike for a colleague of Andrew's to join us.  She had arranged a degustation meal at Hiakai in Wallace St, Mt Cook.

We walked there with Elly and chatted away.  Got there just before 1800 and sat down in the fairly small dining area.  It has a nice ambiance - dark but modern.  Before too long, Doro and her mother arrived to join us.

Ok.  I never took any pics.  But the whole 6 course meal was superb.  My vegetarian options were absolutely lovely.  At one point I had ice cream with crushed nori (seaweed) in it.  Scrumptious.  Snacks at the start were amazing - sun dried kumara, horopito, supplejack (that was so good - like slightly tougher brocollini).  Cold soup (potato and leek flavours).  Dessert was potato (yes!) and chocolate ice cream - with Milo (TradeMark).

It was so good to meet Doro's mother too - she is over for a month to visit her.  Enjoyed hearing Elly translate the courses for her.

Mike and I walked back to my work to collect my stuff, then up to the car.  I drove home and fell into bed.

Nice day today (Friday).  Stunning even.  Tip run tomorrow - trailer all filled up.

Hope your weekend is a good one.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment