Wednesday, March 25, 2020

The few days since I left work have been unusual

Hi,

Well, I don't want to be dramatic, but...  Wow!  What a crazy few days.  Left work on Friday.  It was so nice.  Understated because of social distancing (now being rephrased to physical distancing).  But probably good as I think hugs would have tipped me over the edge.  No room for tears.

Goodbye my friends

Thank you to everyone that made my last day super special.  You know who you are.

Rachael!  Hahah!  Awesome.

I wore a dress!
Goodbye for now, Paul
Said goodbye to my favourite cafe.  Hope to see you when the lockdown ends, my wonderful people @ Machete.

Work lunch @ Machete

Last iced latte for a bit
 Okay  I went to Machete 3 times on Friday!  I admit it.  But may as well give them my custom as anyone.

They wrote on my table reservation card!
I love Machete.  Have I said that already?  :-)

Got an iced latte with Andrew in!
Andrew was flat out all day but had to get a late lunch.  So I did get to see him.

After the work goodbye, I went home and packed with Mike.  We had a booking we couldn't cancel so off to the Wairarapa we went.  Janine was with us - but staying with her flatmate, Sarah.

Mike riding through the olive groves
 Mike and I met Janine Saturday morning at Medici (Sarah walked there) and enjoyed brekkie.  Celia and James arrived and we all then rode to Poppy's and started another eating session.

Iced latte at Medici


Spread out at Poppy's

Me and Mike in James' sunnies

Cycling legs


Sneaky selfie by James
 Janine (cousin this time) turned up at Poppys so we chatted for a bit.  Got a photo.

Bumped into Janine

Saturday evening saw us eating nibbles (thanks James!) and playing "Name that tune" from some Spotify playlist called "Summer of 69".  Celia and Mike are amazing at that game!

Beautiful olive groves

Was this my last iced coffee for a while?

Packed up and left Martinborough and headed home.  Picked up Tessa and went out to Bella Italia for Sally's actual birthday.  A vegetarian degustation meal.  Scrumptious.

Dropped Tessa home and then back to our place to see what Monday has in store.  Helen rang me with PC issues, which sounded a bit weird.  Asked her to check again in the morning.

Sally's birthday out at Bella Italia
Monday.  BAU for now.

I went around to see Helen to try and fix her PC.  She thought her Ethernet cable might be broken.  But I brought around a new one and it was still not working.  Could be her card inside her machine.  Anthony was going to bring around the tablet so I hope she was back online.  I stayed 2m away and used hand sanitiser twice in my 15 mins stay.

Monday around 2pm saw our fantastic Prime Minister (firmly in Jacinda's team now!  Okay, I was before, but now?  Now I am a fangirl.) give the go ahead to move to lockdown with clear but firm instructions to her country.  OMG.  She was amazing.  A journalist asked if she was scared.  She said:  No.  We have a plan.

Wow.

Can I be like her when I grow up?  What a role model. 

Anyway, Toby's planned play production was canned so I drove in to collect him.  And met everyone trying to get to the supermarket like it was the apocalypse.  I ended up driving for 2 hours around Wellington.  A trip that would typically take 30 mins all up.  Picked up Tessa and Zack with Toby and took them home.   We saw so many people walking on the streets with their newly purchased toilet paper.  Odd behaviour.  Then Toby and I went around the bays home. 

Mike got home after his work and went to pick up the new desk that he had bought.  We also have monitors coming in too.  WFH should be good.

We wondered if we needed to go out and panic buy kitty litter.  But vets and pet supplies are essential, so we can get them any time. 

A lot of NZ went nuts though.  And why did people queue for guns?  What?  Are they going to hunt for their dinner all of a sudden? 

Supermarkets are open!

Anyway.  Went to bed.  Slept well ahead of the slightly new world we're in from tomorrow.



Day 1 Lockdown.  Tues, March 24

We woke up like usual - well, I am on holiday so I slept in to about 7.30am.  Tried to anyway.  Mike had his first online PT session with Quentin at 7.30am.  That went well.  I had mine with Quentin at 9am.  Good on Quentin for finding ways to try and stay in business.

Toby slept in.  A lot.  But he was working from his bedroom.  Mike worked from the newly purchased desk in Jase's old room.  There's a spot for me from next week.

Lockdown started for us.  


Home gym sessions

I started on the slippery slope with watching TV.  Watched 3 episodes of Batwoman.  I think I have now watched 10 episodes in total of that show.  Spread over 3 months.  Practically addicted!

Book reading though.  Totally ploughing through Amazon's back catalogue of... anything!  Hahahah.

Off to bed.


Day 2 Lockdown.

Wednesday March 25.  At midnight tonight NZ shuts down into Level 4 mode.  Essential services only.  We three have started already.  Once we all got home Monday at 5pm (March 23rd), we were in self isolation.

Mike works out with Quentin online

Wednesday is gorgeous

Home made iced latte

Another online session with Quentin.  I want to add in a run with Mike to get me through the days where I have no PT session booked.

Mike made me a home made iced latte.  Pros:  It's big!  A pint of it.   Cons:  Oddly, I think I need Mike to make it slightly stronger.  Maybe a pint was too small for the one shot of coffee he gave me.

Iona is busy at work.  She has to deal with crazy stuff.  She likened it to being pecked by chickens.  Little pecks, but from a multitude.  Luckily Col got home on one of the last ferry crossings for passengers.  They close from tonight I think.  Freight only now.

Benefits of working from home (WFH) so far?  Mike can make coffees easily.  Saving money there because from what I can see, he must keep many cafes afloat usually.  Cats are happy with the company.  I can do washing whenever.  I like my family.  I talk to people through emails/texts (by far my preferred way of communicating)

Bad things?  Have I succumbed to binge watching TV if I watched 3 episodes of Batwoman yesterday? 


Mum seems okay.  Hoping Dad hunkers down soon with her too.  She cancelled mahjong, thankfully.  Don't need older women congregating at the moment!

Mike's mother is good.  Wish she was here though.

Everyone so far seems okay.  Let us know though if you need us.

Love you lots.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment