Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Thursday with proper level 4 lockdown

Hi,

Last night at midnight New Zealand went into full lockdown - level 4.  I was well asleep by then.  And we have been isolated since late on Monday.  The three of us in our bubble.



Don't pop your bubble!

Day 3 of our isolation.  No signs of any debilitating coughs or fevers at this time.

Mike and I went for a walk late yesterday.  Saw Wellington from the top of our hill.  The Hutt Valley was sparkling like a beacon of yellow-tinted diamonds.  We waved at Sally and Andrew.


View from top of Te Ahumairangi last night

Mike in the flax, with Hutt Valley shining brightly in the distance

The few people we saw were totally friendly and totally physically distancing.  We were perplexed by a leash looped around a park bench at the top of the hill.  No dog or owner to be seen.  And carefully laid out (full!) poop bags a little further on.

Mike and I bandied some theories around as to how you bag up poop then leave them in full sight.  And how you have an abandoned leash.  At night.  Ahead of a lockdown.

Most likely theory seemed to be a dog took off from their leash and their owner is now thrashing about in bush looking for them.  And said dog is probably already back at home, wondering why no one is letting them in to eat some food.

Other scenarios involved aliens.

Not sure what is less plausible, really.  These are indeed strange times.

Iced latte in bed!
Anyway, I got an iced latte in bed this morning.  So there is that! 

My new work rang me and said they would courier a PC out to me.  But no guarantees when it would arrive.

I will keep busy on April 1st I am sure of it.  Got lots to learn in a new job.

Hoping Iona keeps safe as she tackles the front line of covid-19.  She must be so busy.  My thoughts go with her and Col.  I am constantly amazed at the way people I know have ended up in jobs that suit them.  Smart, brave people stepping up and doing the thing needed of them.  And then some!

"Not all heroes wear capes."  Ain't that the truth? 

Glad I live in NZ where the govt shows compassion and sense.

Have a good day.  Stay safe.  Kia kaha.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment