Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The Tuesday that felt like Wednesday

 Hi,

What a slightly odd day.  Scone day with Juliet and Barb and you all have to go try Cafe Mamba on Plimmer steps for their blue cheese scone.  So tasty you know it is packed with yummy but calorie-dense goodness.

Then my work had its 10th birthday.  Morning tea after some stories from the 10 year history.  Then nipped out to meet Sue at lunch time.

Cuckoo iced latte goodness



All mine!  I don't like these sunnies

Selfie with Sue and random other patron

Vance took this pic

Caught up with her news.  Good to see her.  And the weather was superb.  We sat outside Cuckoo and had one of the best iced lattes Wellington has to offer.  Believe me - I am qualified to make this call.

After work I walked to Carpet Court - or was it Carpet Studio - on Thorndon Quay with Mike to check the suggested blinds and carpet fabrics for Wanaka.  Yes - green light.  Go, go, go!

From there we walked straight up the hill.  Up to Tinakori and then up some random street to the main bus route up - right under the recently completed road strengthening section.  Up the road opposite to some steps we'd never noticed before that took us up a path through the bush to Wadestown Road.  Yes!

Good walk home.  Ate another home made burger.  Toby asked for my spag bol recipe and I sent him the tomato based sauce I always use from the Moosewood cookbook.  I know it by heart so I never consult it.  Just told him to brown the mince as the extra step.  We saw an interim step in the recipe and the final one.  Looked good!  And he made chocolate mousse for dessert.  Good on him.

Mike and I crashed into bed after another episode of "For all mankind".  We're invested in this series now.

Spin Wednesday morning

Up for the 6.30am number 14 bus (after porridge) and spin at Thorndon.  They are going to move this spin class to 6.45am in 2 weeks time so I need to practise the timing.  Today I got to class at 6.43am.  I think I can make this work.

Walked to work along the waterfront after spin.  Saw a text from Sue saying she was in the ferry queue.  Turns out she was on Bluebridge - so I found her in the queue and we waved at each other.  Hahaha.

At work.  Might try and fit spin and/or a walk home at the end of the day.  Woot!

Have an awesome day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment