Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The Tuesday working from home in Blenheim

 Hi,

Mike has updated me with household news.  It revolves around cats.  Moxley was in the mood last night and stalked Smudge around the house.  Even when Tenzing the neighbourhood bully came to peer in the windows at them, Moxley was giving Smudge a hard time.  Usually they are united against the common threat.

Weird cats.

I did get away for lunch with Col and Sue - yay!  We went to Catalyst and enjoyed some rosti stack.  Mmmm.

Back to work after that.  Busy afternoon.  Then, I collected Iona from work at 5pm and we went to see "James and Isey" at the cinema.  A lovely film.  Not a lot happened.  But it was a lovely, genuine look at the mother/son bond between the titular characters.



Iced latte with lunch

We had a fantastic dinner after the movie at The Tamarind.  And okay - this has to be one of the best Indian places I have tried.

The eggplant curry was so, so good.  Like, crazy good.  And the black chickpea curry - yum!

Take me back there!  Anytime.

Okay - best Indian food in ages

Back home and into bed after getting the swim gear ready for early Wednesday.  Slept well - but woke up to my alarm in slightly bewildering circumstances.  I had sprawled over the bed diagonally - away from the beside table.  My head popped up out of the completely messed up duvet like a meerkat under attack from an unknown assailant.  Ready for anything that was coming at me!  Adrenaline coursing through my body.  Where was I?  What was that noise?

Oh.  Blenheim.  In bed.  Getting up for a swim.

Right.

Turns out Iona was sleeping through her alarm.  I waited.  And waited.  Nothing.  All quiet down the hallway - even after I had stumbled to the bathroom in the dark.  Maybe I stumbled like a ninja?

Anyway, eventually I decide to take action.  I creep down to the bedroom door and whisper:  Iona.  That was all it took.  She leapt out of bed and came to the door.

We were dressed and gone within 6mins.  Maybe I should have done that slightly earlier.  Anyway.  Went to the pool.  Iona gave me a crash course in lap swimming.  My lane companion was happy to check in with me, assess my non-existent swimming capability and continue on her merry way doing laps.

I think I did a half lap.  3 times.  Hahah.

Was much better with the flutter board.  And Iona and I got a lane to ourselves after a bit.  Yay.  I think I disrupted her swimming routine quite a lot.  


Feet at the pool

We also tried the current pool.  That was fun.  The lifeguard watched us cavorting like teenagers, probably disapproving of the spectacle.  But it was a lot of fun.

Then we left there and headed to Grove Rd cafe.  I like that cafe!

Wednesday morning iced latte

Yum!

Dropped Iona at work and then got stuck in road works traffic heading back to their house.  Wasn't too late to start my working day though.

Bit colder today.  Wet and cold.

Have an awesome day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment