Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Wednesday with working from home in Blenheim

 Hi,

My last day in Blenheim.  Such a fun day.  Work was busy though.  No lunch with Col today but she went to the gym and the supermarket.  She made a lovely lunch too.  I ate the leftovers from last night's Indian restaurant.  Mmmmm.


Rooibos to keep me warm

I made a hottie out of hot water in a metal drink bottle

I got quite cold sitting at my PC through the day.  Ended up making a hottie as you can see above.  Worked so well.  I was toastie pie warm after that.  I freshened up the heat once more before the day ended.

Iona got home and made tea and then we headed to quiz night.  The categories were not in my wheelhouse.  The jokers were alphabet soup (huh?) and food & drink (oh!).  And after round 1 where we had to name the State Highways of NZ on a map, we were struggling.  We got 3 out of 10 for that round.  Ouch!

But slowly we came right.  And we played our jokers late in the piece.  From 3rd bottom at one point early on, we ended up coming 4th!  What the ...?  No idea how that happened.

Turns out Iona knows Beyonce's middle name was most likely Giselle.  And it was!

Anyway.  Home around 9.20pm and into bed.  Up early for a shower ahead of my wee flight to Wellington.  Iona dropped me at the airport at 6am and waited until we boarded at 6.22am.  An easy flight home and an Uber to work saw me at my desk at 7.33am.

Thank you for a great few days in Blenheim.  Hope Mike didn't miss me too much.

I was going to go to Group Groove after work today (a dance based gym session) but Kirsty has broken her foot!  Yes.  Playing netball.  Tendon has ripped a bit of bone off.  OMG.  Dangerous sport.

So no gym for me.  I'll go home and sort out the weekend stuff.  Mike's half marathon is on in Napier this weekend.

Have an awesome day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment