Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Monday back at work and with dragon boating

 Hi,

After a flight in the morning and an Uber to work, I was a little unprepared for my giant day at work.  So many meetings back to back.  And although I had time for lunch, it was a team lunch.  And despite working with very lovely people, a team lunch still feels like a working lunch to some degree.

Flamingo Joe's was disappointing.  We had pre-ordered to get the lunches out in a timely fashion.  I had a 1pm meeting to get to - as did others.  But we didn't get our food until I was at the till paying for it.  :-(  

It was nice.  A roast vege salad.  But at $21 - I didn't feel it was value for money.  Oh well.  Low down on my choice for venue next time.

I hasten to add the pic below is not from lunch.  It is a morning iced latte with Barb.  #winning

Work iced latte

At the end of the day, we got changed for dragon boat training and spent a lovely hour in the warm harbour, paddling our little hearts out.

Hard work

Wandered back to my desk at 7pm and discovered Mike had a migraine and was in bed and couldn't come get me.  Poor bloke.  :-(

I walked to the station with Callan, chatting away.  Then found a bus that was coming in 9 mins.  So stood there, enjoying the sunshine even at that late hour.

Got home and spent ages unpacking, putting on a wash and getting ready for the next day at the gym and at work.  Phew.

Went to bed and it was so warm we spent half the night with the fan on.  Mike is not very well with this migraine.  

Up for my first PT session for the year.  Bench.  Lower weight but high reps.  And then exercises for dragon boating.  Yes!

Off to see Dune tonight with Barb after work.  At Petone Lighthouse.  Sweet.

Have a good day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment