Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The Tuesday with a movie

 Hi,

Busy day at work.  But I did get an iced latte in at work.  So there is that.  My pic looks a little intense though.

Intense iced latte pic yesterday

Mike worked from home as he was still feeling the effects from his migraine the day before (Monday).  But I walked to Capital Gateway and met him there for our booster shots.  I got there at 12.05 for my 12.10pm appt and Mike got there bang on 12.10.  The difference this time is that children can get their vax so they were busy with a few kids.  

But at 12.15pm they called my name and they noticed Mike perk up and asked if we were together.  So they took us both.  Sweet.  Andrea was amazing - never felt a thing.

Sat at waiting area for 15 mins and relaxed.  A chap told jokes to the children in the row in front of us.  They were underwhelmed - but we liked them.

Here's one:
"The IT department asked me for my password.  I said it is "BeefStew".  They said it is not strong enough (Stroganoff)."

* Disclaimer from me.  No IT department will ask you for your password.  This is a scam.  Do not comply.  Ever. 

Barb and I left work in the late evening - at around 4.20pm (hahahah) - to get to the cinema in Petone to see Dune.  We left the carpark below work and hit traffic going out of town immediately.

Took us to 5pm to find a park outside the Lighthouse in Petone.  And my stupid phone was slow to paywave.  Not sure why I have yet to nail how that works.  

But we got in while the lights were still on and caught one trailer.  So yay for not being late.  And the movie was so good.  I really enjoyed it.  Did better justice to the complexity of the Dune first book that any other attempt I have seen.  okay - not see the TV series.  I heard that was ok.

More chill iced latte pic today
Back home after dropping off Barb (got a tour of her house too - gorgeous wee place in Northland).  Had tea with Mike and then into bed.

Up for bus together at 7.30am and a big day ahead.

Australia covid update from my family.  Abby is still showing no symptoms.  Shona has a cough and getting a bit worse.  But still no other positive cases in my family as yet.  I hope they are both fine.

Hope your day is great fun.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment