Friday, January 28, 2022

The Thursday with a covid app notification for me and Mike

 Hi,

Had a pretty good Thursday, really.  After work, Mike and I did the Stuff quiz in the afternoon and got 15!  Any day that happens is a good day - am I right?


Result!

Moxley enjoyed our company through the working day as she sat inside her pumpkin next to our desk.  Hahah.  So cute.

Cat in pumpkin

After the working day ended, Mike ordered an Uber and headed off for his scheduled Occasional Brewer session with Andrew and the tramping club.  As he closed the front door, I noticed an unusual notification on my phone.  Checked it - and it was on the covid app.  Read the first message and leapt up to try and let Mike know we had a warning notification of possible exposure.

Oooh

As I got to the letterbox, I saw his uber driving off up the road.  I rang Mike immediately and told him.  He researched and rang Healthline while on his way to the brewing session.

I told Ange that we had a notification but the locations of interest only showed the 9am Christchurch airport visit on Monday that I had seen the day before.  We were there a full 8 hours later.  Surely it was fine.

So I met Ange and we walked up Te Ahumairangi hill.  She took me to the lookout that I didn't even know was there.


Walking up Te Ahumairangi hill


What a great view

Nice view

More peeping from Ange as we look into the Hutt valley


Lovely walk

While I was there, Mike called me back.  Healthline had an updated locations of interest and it was Christchurch airport exactly when we were there.  Ooohhh.

So he decided to cancel his brewing session after consultation with Andrew.  And walked home.  From Newtown!

I walked home with Ange and cancelled my physio appointment with Kara for Friday morning.  Enjoyed the walk with Ange - perfect evening for it.  Thank you, Ange.

I discovered there was a Jetstar flight at Christchurch at 5pm.  And we were on Air NZ and had KN95 masks the entire time.  So I am hoping our exposure was very low.

But - we have curtailed our social interactions for the weekend.  To be sure.

We are going to get away for a quiet weekend camping.  Some DoC campsite somewhere.  The weather is supposed to be lovely.

Hope your weekend is good fun.

Take care.


Love,

Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment