Friday, March 25, 2022

The Thursday with birthday dinner out with Sally and Andrew

 Hi,

We had a lovely Thursday.  Work was definitely odd as we had some competitions to enter with selfies and themes.  I guess I had two.  One beach themed one - and one around our work.  

Work fun

And I needed a work beach themed selfie.  Hahah

This pic makes me look like a bobble head doll

Mike came into the garage with me and we used the surfboard as a prop.  Mike is very accommodating of my weird plans.

After work we headed to Atlas to meet Sally.  And in a surprise move, Andrew wasn't too far behind us.  Yay!  This was to celebrate Sally's birthday just gone this week.

Beetroot macaron

Menu at Atlas

Very nice food.  Heard a hilarious story about Malcolm serving up Mushrooms in the Field as a dessert to his mates in his early 20s.  But the mushrooms all looked like wee winkles.  I was laughing my head off.

The food was lovely.  3 vegetarian options and 1 meat one for Mike.  Expensive - but I loved the tastes.  Might not choose a corn sorbet ever again, though.

Drove Sally and Andrew home then back to ours and into bed.  Probably past 11pm by this stage.  The wind got up and we heard the tarp over Stuart's house flapping a bit.

Turns out the wind whipped the tarp off the side of his house.  It is getting re-clad.  So I hope there has been no damage from the weather while it was unprotected.

Weekend is coming up fast.  Boot camp tomorrow.  Maybe brunch with Maureen for me and a hut bagging morning for Mike, Andrew and Janine behind Eastbourne.

And a late lunch for me and Saly.

Right.  Enjoy your Friday.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment