Monday, March 14, 2022

The weekend with the house to myself

 Hi,

Had such a good weekend.  Friday saw me out in the Hutt for an appointment so I popped into Celia's place to work from her house for the last few hours of my working day.

Moxley and the paper tube

I am comfortable sleeping like this

Super comfortable

Ice creams and a work meeting

I even got an ice cream to eat during the work meeting - awesome service for a Friday afternoon.  Best way to listen to a big fortnightly meeting that was all about our covid response.  Good comms.

Saturday weather - oh.

Woke up Saturday to rainy weather.  Not cold - but I did think about Mike and Janine in this weather, out in the Tararuas.

Boot camp menu

Boot camp was good fun - under the TSB arena covered area.  Back home after that and laundry and reading was the main focus.

Saturday sunset

Broccoli - green gold

Sunday saw me up for the cricket with Celia.  She had secured a family ticket and asked if I was keen to come.  Was I?  Yes!  World Cup between NZ White Ferns and Aus.  And NZ have been in pretty good form.  

Celia picked me up at 12 and we drove to Toby's old school for an easy walk to the Basin.  In with no queue - 10 overs had been delivered by that stage to Australia.  They were going to set the target for the kiwi team.

Where am I, Toby?

Well, actually, I am at the cricket world cup between NZ and Aus.  Go you White Ferns!

Thanks for the ticket, Celia.

We found a spot on the grass next to some of Celia's friends and enjoyed a lovely day watching good fielding efforts from the White Ferns.  They kept the Aussies to 269.  Chasing 270 on a good wicket looked like a good challenge.  But achievable if the talented kiwi line up kicked in.

However, on the day, it was not to be.  The kiwi women crumbled under the Aussie bowling and fielding attack.  One batter dug in and held it together - but the rest fell steadily with no real partnerships forming to steady the chase.

It makes it hard for the White Ferns to get to the semi finals now.  Let's hope they win their remaining matches and others fail to make it through.

Home to meet Mike back from his tramp.  Heard all about his epic adventures.  Andrew did join them last on Friday night.  So yay for that!

He is still drying out his gear.  They did get very damp.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment