Wednesday, March 16, 2022

The Tuesday with dinner with the whanau

 Hi,

A day at work (but working from home) meant I took very few photos.  Okay - pretty much I took none.  I think I already posted the iced latte pic from yesterday morning.

(I'll add cat photos and beer photos! - Mike)

Moxley waits impatiently for her dinner near the end of the day

But it was an action-packed day despite no pictorial evidence.  Okay - it was a good evening.  Let's put it that way.

Work was work.  But then I got a message from Iona that she was in town and finished with her messages and had blisters and wanted to know what bus to catch to our house.  So I jumped in the car and collected her from the Rose Garden at the Botanic Gardens.

She was waiting there - in her bare feet.  She'd been walking around all day in town and her boots had given her blisters.  :-(

Anyway - got home and Sally was already there.  So we all chatted for a bit before ordering takeaways.  Nipped into Burger Wisconsin and got it.  Andrew arrived a little late but his reheated burger was okay.  And if he missed the chips - that was no biggie.  The chips were distinctly average.

Mike and Andrew tried the hazy IPA they made a few weeks back.  The one I helped bottle.  And by all accounts it was pretty good.  Maybe a little longer to develop.  Whatever that means.

There it is! It's a funny colour but it tastes okay.

Stayed up past my bedtime.  AT 9pm though it was apparent we had to stop chatting as it was a school night.  Sally and Andrew headed home and I took Iona back to her mother's place.  Mainly because it was extra time chatting to her.  Nothing to do with the fact that she had brought over a bunch of grapes from their vine for me.  Mmmm.  Said hello to Helen from a distance with my KN95 mask firmly in place.  And drove home, cheekily nibbling grapes from the paper bag.

Off to bed and fast asleep until alarms in the morning.  Up for the day.  Ready for lunch with Laura and then the Te Papa Friends session this evening where I will write up an article on the presentation.  Ooohhh.  Mike is coming too.  Choice!

Have a great day.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment