Tuesday, February 14, 2023

The Monday back at work

 Hi,

After a busy day at work, it was good to get into the car and try driving for the first time since I hurt my foot. 

Home iced latte

Jumped in and headed to Juliet's place to collect her. 5.45pm we left her place but I missed the shortcut and ended up driving through Johnsonville. And the car park at the gym was rammed. I drove around 3 times before I found a park. Fortunately Juliet had jumped into the Spin class and secured a bike for us.

Spin at Newlands with Juliet

My foot was good. I had my bike shoes on - but when I stood up and the pressure went onto the ball of my foot, it was a little bit too much. So my left foot went into the strap and my right one went into the cleat clip. That worked!

Back home after dropping Juliet off - and got a call from Mike who was walking home from town. The rain was just starting, so I drove down to get him. Got back to the house and made tea (mmm - delicious tofu scramble in a wrap).

We brought in the plants from the front yard to the cover of the porch. And went to bed. Slept well. Woke when my alarm went off. Had an online session with Quentin.

Waiting for the cyclone to hit here after it has wreaked quite a bit of destruction up north. So far here it is like a normal windy, wet, Wellington day. But Mike says by 10am it should deteriorate here. The weather map certainly looks scary.

Cyclone Gabrielle


We're getting the weather from the south now here. Which is protected for us by the higher street level. So maybe we will hardly notice this.

I hope you take care, no matter where you are. Stay safe.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment