Thursday, February 16, 2023

The Wednesday with a cyclone and an earthquake

 Hi,

What a day. Terrible still in parts of the northern motu - deaths too. This is going to take a lot of recovery effort stretching on for months, I am sure.

We got a bit of sunshine through the day though after the morning rain. But we also ended with a fair bit of constant rain through the night overnight last night.

I did take my bandage off my arm late yesterday. It looks good. Mike snipped the stitch showing so it didn't snag on anything.

I had my first proper shower with gladwrap on my arm. Happy to get my foot clean too for the first time in almost 2 weeks.

Mole excision looks good

Earthquake at 7.38pm

I was exchanging pings with Karen when we had a big quake last night. Decent shake. I was on my bed downstairs and Mike was upstairs with the cats. It started fairly big - then stopped for a second or so before kicking in for a bit harder and longer. But I was contemplating getting to cover when it stopped. The cats scattered in panic.

But - off to bed and read my book. Which scared me (cannibals on an alien planet!). So I was awake for a while.

Anyway. Birthday for me tomorrow. Woot! And I get all my stitches out. Looking forward to that. Going out for tea tomorrow. And got a Black Sticks game on Saturday. Catch up with Sarah, Hamish and Ryan after that. And Shakespeare in the Dell (The Tempest) on Sunday.

Sweet. Awesome birthday weekend.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment